- Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.
- It is illegal to tickle women.
- Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
- There is a state law prohibiting corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.
- You may not engage in business on Sundays, with the exception of almost every industry.
- If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
- You may not have oral or anal sex.
- Police radar detectors are illegal.
- No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM.
- No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
- Any person who owns a pool risks a $2500 fine for not closing the gate to the pool when they get done swimming in it.
- Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated
- A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman’s derriere.
- Women must wear a corset after sundown and be in the company of male chaperone.
- No person may keep a skunk as a pet.
- It is illegal to cuss about another.
- It is illegal to park a car on railroad tracks.
- It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee.
- It is legal for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
- It is illegal to skate down the sidewalk of Main Street.
- If you are drunk and not driving your car, and the person who is driving the car is drunk as well, you may both receive DUI’s.
- It is illegal for a person to ride on the handlebars of a bike.
- It is illegal to use profanity on Atlantic Avenue or the boardwalk.
- It is also unlawful to drive by the same place within 30 minutes on Atlantic Avenue.
- It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.
I do not think anyone recently has tried to enforce these laws. They do make for a good laugh. Virginia is a wonderful state to live in as there is so much history and things to do. You never really need to leave the state to go on vacation if you do not want to.